Sunday, May 18, 2014
Summer Project #1 Posted at 5:51 PM 0 comments (+)
I wasn't planning on making a tutorial while doing this project, but I had my camera and tablet with me so I thought, "why not?"



Fabric I got at the swapmeet boasting a total of only $8 for all of this.


Supplies: 
scissors
measuring tape
pencil (or fabric marker would work better)
2 yards of flowy fabric (I believe the correct term is chiffon but I can't help but think of cake)


Steps 1 & 2: Cut your fabric according to the guide I drew so wonderfully above.
Step 3: Sew your sleeves into a tube shape. Optional--you can add some fringe trim!


Step 5: (Yes, I know I switched the fabric in this picture) Sew all your pieces together, right way facing each other. Hem necessary parts, turn it inside out and you're done!



I couldn't get a picture of myself wearing these due to breaking my tripod (I'm a clutz and it's been broken since Christmas), but I'll post one soon! Just trust me when I say these things are so comfortable and breezy to wear, especially with summer already here.

Labels: ,

About
A simple little nook where I can (hopefully) neatly put my creative and more personal side.

"The journey is my home."
— Muriel Rukeyser

Instagram
flickr
Credits
Layout by mymostloved with script, background and image.