Friday, July 11, 2014
Creamy Avocado and Spicy Pineapple Paleta popsicle recipes Posted at 9:06 PM 0 comments (+)

My birthday was about four months and ago and Wilms bought me a popsicle maker/mold as a late surprise present. I've been using it almost every week for a new recipe but these two have been my favorites so far! I love avocados but the pineapple one caught me by surprise. I never really enjoyed pineapples but the extra spicy punch goes really well with the sweet and tangyness. I got the recipe from here.

For the creamy avocado popsicles, here's the recipe:
1 avocado (I like to use the giant hass avocados)
1 cup of half and half
1/4 of a can of sweetened condensed milk.

1. Peel and remove the seed from your avocado. Scoop its contents into a blender.
2. Pour in the half and half and sweetened condensed milk into the blender.
3. Blend everything until smooth.
4. Pour into popsicle molds and freeze for 20 minutes.
5. Remove from the freezer and place popsicle sticks in and put it back in for at least 3 hours.
6. After it's completely frozen, you can take it out and serve or leave it in the fridge for up to two weeks!

\
And here is the recipe for the spicy pineapple paleta popsicles:
1 pineapple
1 cup of water
1/2 cup of sugar
1 serrano pepper, split lengthwise down the middle
1 tsp of ground chile (I used arbol)
2 tablespoons of lime juice
pinch of salt

1. Finely dice small rectangles of 1 1/2 cup of pineapples and chop up the rest. The diced pineapples will be the tiny chunks in the popsicles!
2. Mix the diced pineapples with the ground chile and salt.
3. In a small saucepan, combine the water and sugar and stir on medium-high heat until the sugar dissolves and the mixture boils. Add the serrano pepper and lower the heat, letting the pepper steep in the simple syrup mixture. Turn off the heat and let it cool. Strain the simple syrup through a fine mesh sieve to remove the pepper.
4. In a blender, combine the chopped up pineapples with the simple sugar and lime juice. Blend until smooth.
5. Pour the blended mix into a bowl and mix in the diced pineapples.
6. Divide the mixture and pour it into the popsicle molds.
7. Place the popsicle sticks in and freeze for about 4 hours, or until completely frozen.


Labels: ,

About
A simple little nook where I can (hopefully) neatly put my creative and more personal side.

"The journey is my home."
— Muriel Rukeyser

Instagram
flickr
Credits
Layout by mymostloved with script, background and image.